Even though the CDC-recommended health precautions are helpful, the risk of actually getting COVID-19 still exists. That can be a scary thought for many of us, but even the CDC states that most cases can be worked through in the comfort of our own homes.
If you’ve followed the proper health-safety precautions and you still have come down with a case of the coronavirus, don’t panic! Our team at AFC Urgent Care Gastonia is here to walk you through the next steps toward getting healthy.
How Bad Is Getting COVID-19?
According to the World Health Organization, most people who get COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and can fully recover at home without requiring special treatment.
However, if you are a senior citizen or have underlying health conditions like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease or cancer, then you may be more likely to develop serious illness.
Ways to Prevent Unnecessary Risk
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Avoid close contact with others who aren’t in your immediate household.
- Wear a face mask in public.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
What Should My Next Steps Be If I Get Sick?
Unless you experience serious symptoms like severe shortness of breath or low blood pressure, you typically don’t need to do anything dramatic to recover from the coronavirus.
The CDC suggests staying home when you’re sick and drinking plenty of water in addition to the list below to start your path toward recovery.
Things to Do to Heal From COVID-19
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Take over-the-counter medications, such as acetaminophen, when needed.
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home.
- If possible, use a separate bathroom in the home.
- Eat meals containing vitamins and nutrients.
Above all, AFC Urgent Care Gastonia wants you to feel well this year! Visit us if you have any general health concerns.